What it is – An apprenticeship is a blend of practical work and training.
Apprenticeships are mainly made up of four dimensions or elements which can be categorised as follows:
- Competence Qualification ( commonly known as an NVQ)
- Knowledge Qualification- tutorials or support given to an apprentice to help them understand the skills and knowledge required to get ahead in the profession
- Functional Skills- Qualifications that enable an apprentice to gain vital skills that they need in employment
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities- these are sector specific guidance on how to understand and assert your employment rights.
As a recognised learning institution, Trowbridge Learning Centre prides itself in providing these qualifications to the highest standard to the satisfaction of both the apprentice and employer and with due consideration for the resource person’s needs.
We at TLC also understand the needs of various sectors of the economy and work with various economic drivers to help revamp and sustain the local communities in which we operate.
We are currently being funded by the Skills Funding Agency to pilot the 2012-2013, 16-18 years apprenticeship project in Humberside, South Yorkshire, Greater London and the South West in Health and Social Care, Construction, Customer Service, Retail, Security, ICT, Business Administration and Management at all levels; employers, apprentices and the funding agency are guaranteed value for money through our delivery.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship- Apprentices are employed and work towards a Level 2 qualification which will mostly include a chance to gain a technical certificate. This qualification assesses the apprentice’s work related knowledge and understanding. Once successfully completed, the apprentice has an opportunity to progress on to an Advanced Apprenticeship Programe.
- Advanced Apprenticeship- As an advanced apprentice, the aim is to attain a supervisory, technical or junior management role. The Advanced Apprenticeship programme works towards a Level 3 and Key Skills/ Foundation Skills qualification as well as providing the opportunity to gain a Technical Certificate qualification that assesses work related knowledge and understanding
- Higher Apprenticeship- At this level the apprentice works towards work-based learning qualifications at Levels 4 and 5 and in some cases a Higher Education ( HE) based qualification such as a Foundation Degree.
For further details on Apprenticeships at Trowbridge Learning Centre, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 07702676088, 07702676091 or 01225768836.